The programming utility software does not require special installation. Just copy the folder in the software package into a target folder in the computer.
For PS/2 Interface, a special driver is required for the utility to communicate with the KB9000. Following instructions included in the PS/2 driver package to install the driver before running the programming utility.
PROGRAMMING THE KB9000
- Connecting the Keyboard
- For PS/2 versions: Turn off power of the PC. Connect the programmable keyboard to the PC with the special interface cable provided. Plug the standard PC keyboard to the female PS/2 connector on the interface cable and the male PS/2 connector to the computer.
- For USB versions: Connect the programmable keyboard to any USB port on the computer.
- Starting the Utility. Start the Programming Utility by double clicking on the“KB9Utility.exe” icon in the folder where the utility is installed.
- Preparing the Template. The utility starts with a blank template (all key definitions are blank). An existing template can be brought into the utility as a starting point for editing. There are 2 ways to get existing template files into the utility -- “OPEN” from a template file stored on PC, or “READ” from the KB9000 that contains the previously programmed template. Click on "File Open" or "Read from KB9000" toolbar buttons to access these functions. Refer to the KB9000 Programming Manual for details of editing key layout and key definitions.
- Writing into the Keyboard. It is strongly advised that the template should be first saved into a template file for future reference and for programming multiple keyboards. As legend design properties such as key colors and key labels are not saved into the KB9000, these information can only be saved in the template files. After saving the file, click "Write in KB9000" button on the toolbar to write the template into the KB9000.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To download the KB9000 utility application, click: KB9Utility.exe
For more information on the, go to: KB9000 Programming Utility User Guide.